OUC – The Reliable One, an industry leader as the second largest municipal utility in Florida, is looking for qualified individuals to be part of our growing team. We are looking for self-motivated, creative and innovative professionals to join us in providing exceptional value to our customer and community through the delivery of sustainable and reliable services and solutions.
We are seeking to hire a Conservation Coordinator – Water in the Conservation Business Unit of the Customer Service Division. Bring your experience in coordinating, analyzing, and delivering water efficiency or conservation/environmental programs to OUC.
Responsible for supporting and leading assigned OUC conservation/sustainability programs and plans, including project management, reporting and implementation. Monitors performance of sustainability programs, through analysis and metric development, to ensure both OUC and program goals are met. In partnership, identifies, develops, and recommends new and updated programs to meet customer, environmental, and strategic needs.
- Complete water conservation reporting related to customer facing programs to be used in in conjunction with Water Resources reporting, strategic planning and others as needed; perform ongoing analysis and revision of conservation metrics to ensure reporting accuracy and relevancy; identify water conservation trends and collaborate with relevant stakeholders to recommend appropriate actions;
- Recommend and coordinate strategic-level water conservation programs;
- Oversee projects for Water Conservation, including developing plans, tracking budgets, reporting on results, making recommendations, and as needed, selecting and managing contractors/vendors;
- Conduct evaluation of program/project results; research, analyze, apply technical expertise, and liaise with a variety of stakeholders to advance, improve, and identify new opportunities for programs/projects;
- Collaborate, communicate and advise other OUC business units on OUC water conservation programs; support the training and communication of water conservation efforts amongst customers and OUC employees;
- Prepare summary reports for internal and external reporting and leverage expertise to perform analysis and recommend action as needed.
- Review grant opportunities from water districts and other sources to support OUC water conservation efforts;
- Collaborate with local and state governments and water districts including participation in meetings;
- Analyze OUC customers’ water consumption through on-site inspections with utility consumption analysis tools;
- Recommend implementation of water conservation measures and operational changes; perform cost benefit calculations for OUC customers;
- Occasionally perform pre/post inspections to ensure program standards are met;
- Interact with customers to discuss the efficiency opportunities and program requirements;
- Support Conservation Specialists with occasional troubleshooting and audit support for residential and commercial customers for both indoor and outdoor water usage;
- Provide input on the methodology for custom incentive applications for commercial customers;
- Provide input into the development of OUC water reduction goals;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, Environmental Science, natural resources management or Science related field/degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in coordinating, analyzing, and delivering water efficiency or conservation/environmental programs
- Certifications related to program of assignment (i.e., Landscape irrigation auditor, Florida Water Star Certification, etc.) (preferred)
- Valid FL Driver’s License
- Working knowledge of all, but not limited to, the following:
- EnergyStar Portfolio Manager;
- Electric and/or Water assessment reports;
- Florida and local government water use restrictions;
- Project management principles and practices;
- Familiarity with all, but not limited to, the following:
- Metric development and data analysis
- Customer Information Systems (i.e., CC&B);
- Related industry, organizational and departmental policies, practices and procedures; legal guidelines, ordinances and laws;
- Ability to:
- Use auditor tools (consumption analytics software, etc.);
- Efficiently analyze and summarize data, display in charts/graphs and develop reports;
- Make arithmetic computations using whole numbers, fractions and decimals, and compute rates, ratios, and percentages;
- Communicate effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders, interpersonally, orally, and in writing;
- Use Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.) and standard office equipment (computer, telephone, copier, etc.).
OUC–The Reliable One is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed through responsible management policies to recruit, hire, promote, train, transfer, compensate, and administer all other personnel actions without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information and any other factor prohibited under applicable federal, state, and local civil rights laws, rules and regulations.
OUC Offers a competitive compensation & benefits package which includes paid medical program for employee, free life insurance, retirement benefits including a cash balance account with employer matching along with a health reimbursement account, paid vacation, holidays, and sick time.
This job is primarily performed in a typical office environment. Involves occasional exposure to some disagreeable elements (dust, heat, fumes, cold, noise, vibration, etc.) and accidents are improbable other than minor injuries. This job may involve very frequent working in outdoor weather conditions and with insects. This job may require working frequently near moving mechanical parts, around fumes and airborne particles, and with risk of electricals shock. This job may require occasional wet/ humid conditions, working in high places or confined areas. Must be able to travel, as needed, to various locations within the OUC service territory.
This job consists of very frequent standing, walking, and lifting up to twenty (20) lbs., bending, stooping, speaking and hearing. This job also consists of very frequent typing, writing, detailed inspection and driving a company vehicle. This job may consist of frequent lifting up to forty (40) lbs., pushing, pulling, reaching over head, kneeling, crawling, and/ or climbing. This job may require occasional sitting.