The Department of Water, Atmosphere and Environment, Institute of Sanitary Engineering and Water Pollution Control at BOKU University is currently seeking a student employee.
- planning, preparation and implementation of sampling campaigns (surface waterbodies, groundwater and drinking water network)
- preparation and maintainance of equipment (sampling equipment and online probes)
- assistance with scientific projects
- assistance with teaching (laboratory exercises)
- data processing and evaluation (starting with simple calculations in Excel and step by step learning of more complex methods in R)
Required skills and qualifications:
- Students (preferably Civil Engineering and Water Management)
- Driving licence B
Desired skills and qualifications:
- experience with conducting practical projects
- basic technical understanding
- hands-on mentality
- ability to work in a team
- time flexibility
- knowledge of English
- experience with dataprocessing (especially R) is an advantage
Gross monthly salary and pay grade in terms of collective agreement for university staff (payable 14 times per year): C, € 1.073,70
University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences Vienna seeks to increase the number of its female faculty and staff members. Therefore qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply. In case of equal qualification, female candidates will be given preference unless reasons specific to an individual male candidate tilt the balance in his favour.
People with disabilities and appropriate qualifications are specifically encouraged to apply.
Please send your job application incl. motivation letter and CV to the Personnel department, University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, 1190 Vienna, Peter-Jordan-Straße 70; E-Mail: [email protected]. (Reference code: 176)
We regret that we cannot reimburse applicants travel and lodging expenses incurred as part of the selection and hiring process.
Please note that the full job description is only available in German.
Web site for additional job details