As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its goals in international cooperation for sustainable development.
With the dispatch of qualified specialists as development workers, GIZ contributes to the sustainable improvement of living conditions of people in developing and transition countries.
- Job-ID: V000046653
- Assignment period: 01/01/2022 – 01/31/2024
- Field: Water resources management
- Type of employment: full-time
- Application deadline: 09/19/2021
The aim of the project is to improve the integrated and climate-sensitive water resource management (IWRM) in the Mantaro River basin. The project focuses on strengthening the National Water Authority, responsible for IWRM at the national level, and its main subordinate regional bodies at the Mantaro River basin level, the Water Administrative Authority and the Regulatory Council of water resources.
- Support the creation of a Water Observatory for the Mantaro River basin
- Participate in the design and execution of capacities for the processing and analysis of data and information
- Provide specialized technical advice in the application of methodological skills and knowledge to improve integrated and climate-sensitive water management
- Collaborate in the establishment and implementation of intersectoral coordination mechanisms with different relevant actors (e.g. regional and local governments, agriculture users and other water users’ groups of the basin)
- Support the systematization of good practices regarding the IWRM and adaptation to climate change
- University degree in water resources management (WRM) as well as long-term experience in WRM and adaptation to climate change
- Several years of experience in providing specialized technical advice in the application of methodological skills and knowledge related to WRM and climate change
- High degree of understanding of political and social complex contexts in the framework of WRM, especially in Latin America
- Knowledge and experience in planning and executing interventions related to WRM at a basin/regional level
- Proved experience in the design and execution of capacity building programs related to processing, analysis and systematization of water resources data and information
- Adaptability to work with different academic and social level people as well as to work under pressure
- Very good Spanish skills; good German or English skills
Under the following link you will find information about living and working in Peru.
In general, the security situation is calm. GIZ staff must adhere to security measures at all times. Please also check the county-specific information provided by the German Federal Foreign Office. A contact person for security risk management is appointed at the local GIZ office. GIZ does not impose any restrictions on life partners and family members to move with you to the country of deployment. We kindly ask you to inform yourself which forms of relationships are legally and socially accepted in the country of deployment.
At the site of operation the particulate pollution occurs to be many time higher than the European acceptable limit. As part of the selection process and during the recruitment examination you will be informed of appropriate protective and behavioral measures.
For general questions from dependent partners about local employment – please contact: [email protected]
GIZ is a signatory of the Diversity Charter. Recognition, appreciation and inclusion of diversity in the company are important to us. All employees shall be valued – regardless of gender and gender identity, nationality, ethnic origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation.
GIZ’s Development Service is looking forward to applications of candidates with a professional qualification and / or university degree and at least two years of professional experience. In addition you hold the German nationality or the nationality of a member state of the European Union.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your succesful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails form our recruiting system as spam.
You can get an overview of our benefits packages here.
A prerequisite for the conclusion of the agreement is the lifting of the restrictions currently in force in the company on the possibilities for travel and business trips in order to contain the worldwide spread of the Covid-19 virus.
We offer the opportunity to work in an innovative and worldwide operating institution related to development policy. Your competencies and qualifications are demanded on the spot in an interdisciplinary team. You advise governmental and civil society organizations at local or municipal level. The Development Service of GIZ offers a comprehensive service package. It includes a specific technical and personal preparation. The basis for the deployment of specialists in the development service is the German Development Workers Act (EhfG).
Recruitment and Follow-on assignments Client Portal