SUMMARY OF THE PROJECT
In line with the Government of Indonesia’s (GOI) prioritization of increased access to clean water for residents across the country, the KIAT Water Hibah – Performance-based Grant (PBG) Pilot Activity project (the Project) aims to improve the performance and sustainability of local government (LG)-owned water utilities (PDAMs). The DFAT/KIAT-financed Project has been developed by DFAT, KIAT, and GOI teams to test and illustrate the effectiveness of a Performance Based Grant mechanism in stimulating tangible performance and service delivery improvements among PDAMs across seven key performance indicators (KPIs) and four key themes. The key themes are Governance, Operation Efficiency, Financial Management and Service Quality. The performance indicators to achieve the grants are Business Plans, Non-Revenue Water, Energy Efficiency, Operating Ratio, Billing Collection Effectiveness, Continuity of Supply and Water Quality.
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
Junior Financial Specialist will support the Financial Coordinator and Deputy Team Leader in the implementation of HAMBK program with objectives to improve PDAM performance indicator in Business Plan, Collection Efficiency, and Operating Ratio Indicator Performance in addition to improve PDAM management capacity by reviewing current system, recommend area for improvement and conducting technical capacity building.
Tasks will include but not be limited to:
- Assistance to PDAMs with compliance with regulations, guidelines, and PMM
- Identify PDAM facilities and operations
- Provide assistance during review of existing water governance in the PDAM
- Supporting protocols, templates and SOPs
- Identify compliance of PDAM guidance are inline with main Regulations and Guidelines
- Provide support during refining of Business Plan, Collection Efficiency, and Operating Ratio Indicator Performance
- Survey and review existing PDAM Financial Condition
- Identify financial and operational issues
- Provide support during training to local staff related to all financial indicators
- Support PIC during preparation for baseline survey
- Support PIC during Implementation activity to improve performance
- Collecting data to support preparation of Monthly Reports
- Collecting data to support preparation of Interim Report and Final Report
- University Graduate in Finance or Management with 3 years of experience in the field of Water Treatment for urban drinking water supplies
- Experience working with local government enterprise (PDAM) related to evaluation of PDAM governance and financial performance
- Experience in preparation of financial/governance review/evaluation for Water Supply Enterprise
- Good knowledge in Microsoft Program – Excel, Word, and Power Point
- Excellent communication, and presentation skills and able to write cohesive report in Indonesia
- Able to work independently as well as member of a team. Ability to prioritize and organize task and priority to meet deadline
- Able to conduct field survey to PDAM Locations in all locations of HAMBK Program
Candidates are encouraged to apply by 17 September 2021/as soon as possible.
For your application to be considered, please upload your documents as followed: Candidate Last Name, First Name, date, Title of the Position.
We thank all applicants, however only those shortlisted will be contacted.
With more than 35 years’ experience, Cowater International is Canada’s global leader in management consulting services specializing in international development and has managed the implementation of over 800 projects in more than 80 countries around the globe. We work with governments, partner organizations, communities and civil society to design and implement sustainable solutions that generate lasting social, financial and environmental impacts. Our adaptive approach to management has led to our award-winning work and recognition as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies in 2017, 2018 and 2019. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, Cowater International also has corporate offices in Montreal, Quebec; London, United Kingdom; Nairobi, Kenya; and Brussels, Belgium, in addition to project offices in a wide variety of other locations across Sub-Saharan Africa and Asia.
We thank you for your interest in building a better tomorrow with Cowater International.