BRAC’s vision is a world free from all forms of exploitation and discrimination where everyone has the opportunity to realise their potential. The organisation was founded in Bangladesh in 1972 and acts as a catalyst, creating opportunities for people to transform their lives. BRAC believes in integrity, inclusiveness, effectiveness, and innovation in all areas of work. BRAC uses an integrated model to change systems of inequity, through social development programmes, humanitarian response, social enterprises, socially responsible investments and a university. It operates in conflict-prone and post-disaster settings in 11 countries across Asia and Africa.
BRAC is a global leader in developing cost-effective, evidence-based programmes, and has been ranked the #1 NGO in the world for the last five years consecutively by NGO Advisor.
To ensure high-quality delivery of the project business model with the development and commercial objectives on the installation of WTPs for safe water services and ETPs for industrial effluent treatment services; leading a diverse workforce at different levels by meeting progress indicators and ensure effective service delivery in the vulnerable urban and rural areas of Bangladesh.
Senior Manager, WASH (Contractual); BRAC WASH Programme
- Develop operational plan and guidelines for the project considering the development and business objectives, results framework, and theory of change and business model for ensuring smooth programme operation.
- Lead in the conduction of feasibility study for identifying the appropriateness of the project (geographies, WTP and ETP technologies, local business/SME capability, etc.) through engaging external consultants/consulting firms and prepare a comprehensive feasibility study report.
- Modify/ develop an appropriate business model of the project based on the feasibility study findings and ensure the effective participation of the consortium partners as well as the BRAC WASH team/ Project team.
- Supervise project activities in the field and identify problems/ barriers of field operations and take appropriate measures in consultation with the senior management of the WASH programme.
- Review monthly performance of the project team and provide feedback to Divisional/Technical Manager and Programme officers/ Technical officers to improve the performances.
- Ensure quarterly progress review and planning meeting with the participation of all project staff and project associates to discuss the project progress, barriers and challenges and take collective decisions for efficient and effective implementation of the project.
- Identify the capacity gaps of the project staff and associated organisations (SME/Entrepreneurs); ensure orientation/ training for imparting knowledge and skill to enhance their technical capacity.
- Monitor the monthly/ quarterly project expenditure as well as ensure financial control as per policy and guidelines of BRAC and donor agreement. In addition, follow-up the loan disbursement and realisation for the installation of WTPs and ETPs.
- Ensure all reports of the project are prepared according to the set objectives/ outputs/ outcomes and timely submission of reports to management/ donors and Government.
- Take initiatives to capture knowledge and document project outcomes, lessons learned and good practices through study/ research/ field visit and showcase those good practices through publications as well as disseminate internally and externally.
- Ensure effective coordination and collaboration with the BRAC UK and others consortium partners, BGMEA and other Business forums, and other BRAC programmes for smooth project implementation.
- Liaison, engagement and building relationships with key project stakeholders, including government agencies, NGOs/ Civil Society, international organisations and print/ electronic media for the implementation of GoB laws/ rules and regulations to stop environmental pollution and safe water supply.
- Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and exploitation to achieve the programme’s goals on safeguarding implementation. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
- Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
- Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
MBA or Masters in Social Science// Environmental Engineering/ Urban Planning and Development/ Water Management or B.sc in Civil engineering from any recognised university/ institution with all second class/ division or equivalent GPA/ CGPA in academic examinations.
Minimum 07 Years’ experience including 05 years in WASH Sector is required.
- Sound knowledge on programme management, preparing programme operational guidelines, institutional donors and experience of developing proposals and budget
- Proven and good understanding of community-based approaches and resource allocation procedures
- Knowledge on social enterprise model as well as working with the private sector, installation and operation of WTPs and ETPs
- Strong people management and team-building skills with gender-friendly attitude
- Excellent skills in report writing and presentation
- Excellent skills in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc
Salary & Benefits
Other Benefits: As per organisation policy
Job Location: BRAC Field Office
Last Apply Date: 11/Sep/2021
BRAC believes that everyone we work with including our staff, partners, programme participants and the community has the right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation. We uphold human dignity and inclusion rights for all, regardless of age, race, religion, gender, disability, ethnic origin or socio-economic condition. As an equal opportunity employer, we actively encourage applications from women and gender-diverse individuals. We welcome persons with disabilities to apply. We nurture a culture where all individuals have the opportunity to realise their potential. Any personal persuasion will result in disqualification of candidature.
Join the world’s biggest family
Or You may apply through careers.brac.net or bdjobs.com or send your updated CV to [email protected] mentioning the name of the position “Senior Manager, WASH (Contractual)” in the subject line.