WASH United seeks a highly motivated individual with exceptional skills in the management of creative processes as a consultant at our Nairobi office. The key task will be to manage the creative execution of an innovative play-based toolkit that promotes good sanitation and hygiene behaviour. To be successful, you will need to have several years of experience in managing creative processes and working with designers, illustrators and/or communication agencies, strong self-management skills and the ability to work remotely with diverse teams.
WASH United is an international social impact organisation headquartered in Germany, with operations in Sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia. We exist to help achieve safe water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) for all people by 2030. To do so, WASH United focuses on innovative WASH advocacy, behaviour change trainings, and the promotion of the human rights to water and sanitation.
- Working with freelance designers, illustrators, editors and/or agencies, and in close coordination with WASH United’s staff in Nairobi and Berlin, structure, manage and oversee the entire process of content creation;
- Procure necessary materials and manage the printing and production process;
- Assess the quality and feasibility of the product through test trainings;
- Advise on long-term product development strategy.
Your qualifications & skills
- At least three years of professional work experience in the management of creative processes;
- Proven experience with agile project management and/or design thinking is a strong asset;
- A university degree or successfully completed professional training in a relevant field;
- Experience in working remotely and with multi-cultural teams;
- Focused on results and able to perform under time pressure;
- Strong self-management skills and ability to work independently.
- Application deadline: 28 Aug 2016
- Position start date: as soon as possible, latest 1 Oct 2016
- Scope: 15-20 hours per week between start date and February 2017
- Location: Nairobi/Kenya