FishWise is seeking a Project Manager to provide internal operations and seafood traceability project support for the Seafood Alliance for Legality and Traceability (SALT) team. SALT is a public-private partnership between the US Agency for International Development (USAID), the Walton Family, Packard, and Moore Foundations, which FishWise implements. As a global alliance, it promotes the exchange of traceability knowledge to inspire collaborative work in legal and sustainable fisheries by improving the transparency in seafood supply chains.
The Project Manager will support a team that enjoys a diverse scope of work across SALT. The ideal candidate will have strong written and interpersonal communication skills, a willingness to acquire new skills, a can-do attitude, exceptional organizational experience, and a passion for ocean stewardship.
Working under the supervision of the Chief of Party, the role will be tasked with implementing USAID operations policies, supporting SALT’s grantees, creating and researching material for SALT’s traceability work, and assisting with learning events and communication projects.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Project & Knowledge Management
- Provide project management support and contribute to SALT work plan activities.
- Work with project team members to prepare materials for internal or external meetings, presentations, the SALT website, and SALT network.
- Provide support to SALT team members shifting priorities to meet project goals.
- Support developing SALT website content and website resource management.
- Contribute to research and writing opportunities such as blogs.
- Curate, update, and manage the resources for the project’s resource repository, ensuring the website is current and that project team members are aware of updates to disseminate to stakeholders and partners.
- Maintains databases, shared internal files, and data integrity and security according to quality standards and company policy.
- Support the management of SALT’s contact relationship management (CRM) software, Zoho.
- Support project awareness and advocacy goals.
- Become familiar with electronic catch documentation and traceability systems and programs.
- Provide Spanish translation and interpretation for Latin America and the Caribbean efforts.
- Support procurement, travel, and other administrative services for SALT following USAID rules and regulations.
- Coordinate a USAID project close out.
- Participate in staff and other project meetings; liaise with SALT community members.
- Travel to events to assist SALT, as needed.
- Assist with editing, formatting, and finalization of SALT materials and main deliverables to our government funder.
- Bachelor’s Degree plus a minimum of two (2) years’ relevant work experience (i.e., project management, cross-cultural communication, and US Government rules and regulations).
- Fluency in Spanish and English is required.
- Basic understanding and desire to learn more about seafood sustainability criteria and relevant stakeholders (e.g. supply chain businesses, non-governmental organizations, and government agencies).
- Dedication and passion for the stewardship of the oceans.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills with strong copy editing experience and plain language skills.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, flexibility, resourcefulness, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and to manage multiple, simultaneous projects.
- Self-starter with a positive attitude who is able to work effectively with limited oversight.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Google Suite, Adobe Suite and Mac OS.
- Ability to quickly learn and use project management software (e.g. Podio) and other programs.
- Knowledge of and experience with USAID
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Cloud
- Website design and maintenance (WordPress)
- Contact management systems (Zoho)
- Cloud-based systems (Google drive)
- Webinar platforms (Zoom)
- Copy-editing and proofreading skills
- Communication platforms (Slack and Podio)
- Graphic design
- Previous Spanish translation experience
Hours and Benefits
- This is a full-time position based in Santa Cruz, C.A. or Washington, D.C. The position will start remote (in the United States), due to COVID-19, and may remain remote should offices remain closed and/or the candidate and supervisor agree to a remote position.
- This position is temporary through September 2023.
- Project Manager salary begins at $63,456
- Competitive benefit package including, medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, parental leave, flexible scheduling, and retirement savings contribution match,
- Work hours: 40 hours/week, Monday – Friday
- Evening and weekend work will sometimes be required.
- Occasional business travel and personal transportation is required.
FishWise is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a diverse candidate pool. We recognize diversity as important to accomplishing our work and view diversity as encompassing differences in race and gender, as well as age, nation of origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, job skills, education, and geographic location.