Global Communities is an international development non-profit organization. Our mission is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.
Global Communities seeks an experienced Chief of Party (COP) for the anticipated USAID Liberia County Sanitation Activity. This five-year activity with an anticipated budget of $25 million will increase access to basic sanitation and eliminate open defecation in five counties of Liberia (Montserrado, Nimba, Lofa, Bong, and Grand Bassa). To do so, the project will partner with the Government of Liberia and local partners on four key results: 1) improved sanitation governance; 2) key sanitation behaviors adopted; 3) sanitation markets strengthened; and 4) financing for sanitation increased.
The Chief of Party (COP) will have overall responsibility for the activity. S/he will serve as the institutional liaison and will be responsible for strategic oversight of the project.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide leadership, direction and supervision to project staff, subcontractors and consultants.
- Lead regular work plan, budget and implementation reviews to facilitate the cost-effective and timely achievement of contract deliverables.
- Ensure project activities are completed in compliance with USAID rules and regulations and contract requirements.
- Oversee the production and submission of timely activity and financial reports to USAID, effectively and accurately communicating project progress, achievements, challenges and utilization of funds.
- Act as the primary point of contact with USAID, government counterparts, and other critical in-country stakeholders.
- Build and maintaining strong working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, beneficiaries, subcontractors, suppliers and partners.
- Represent Global Communities and program interests as necessary and appropriate.
Education: An advanced graduate degree in a related field of study (e.g. environmental or civil engineering, business administration, governance, or environmental health etc.) is required.
Ten years of professional experience, with progressively increasing responsibilities and duties in fields related to the successful implementation of projects, including Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) technical assistance, local governance, and/or private sector capacity building for improvement of WASH services in developing countries is required.
Proven experience in a leadership position involving the administration of similarly sized, international donor-supported programs with skills in strategic planning, management, supervision, and budgeting is required. USAID experience preferred.
Proven ability to communicate a common vision among diverse partners and the ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams is desired.
Evidence of strong communication skills, both oral and written, to fulfill the diverse technical and managerial requirements of the agreement is desired.
Experience working in Liberia and with the Liberia WASH sector, specifically sanitation, is an asset.
Liberians are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.