Practice area(s): Agriculture and Food Security, Economic Growth, Governance, Water
Location(s): Amman, Jordan
Duration: Full-Time Employee
Hire Type(s): In-Country Applicant
Experience: 6-9 Years
Tetra Tech International Development Services (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev) headquartered in Arlington, VA is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a senior technical position on an anticipated USAID-funded program Jordan.
Position Description/Summary: The objective of the Water Efficiency and Conservation (WEC) Activity is to increase water use efficiency and conservation in Jordan by applying commercial incentives to the agriculture and the municipal sectors and strengthen the government of Jordan governance over irrigated agriculture. Using a market-based approach to strengthen supply and demand, the Activity will expand on methods to disseminate innovative technologies to increase agricultural water use efficiency by facilitating activities that target systemic changes.
* Support market-based activities to enhance the technical resources and skilled expertise surrounding irrigation leading to efficient and reduced water application in irrigated agriculture and/or surrounding efficient use of water conservation in the municipal sector;
* Work closely with other technical and administrative staff to ensure the integration of all technical areas as well as strong collaboration with donors and local counterparts;
* Meet contractual obligations, produce deliverables and targets, and achieve project results as specified by the client;
* Communicate and work with key stakeholders at regional, national, and municipal levels.
* Bachelor’s degree or higher in specific area of business administration, engineering, water resources management, public administration, economics, finance, or other relevant disciplines.
* At least seven (7) years of relevant professional experience in the water sector and/or in market systems development focusing on the following technical areas: market-based water/irrigation service delivery; market systems development, agri-business, public-private partnerships, institutional capacity building; policy and regulatory reform; and/or community engagement;
* Demonstrated experience with USAID and/or other donor-funded projects;
* Prior experience living and/or working in Jordan or the Middle East region;
* Arabic and English language fluency (oral and written) required;
* Qualified Jordanian Nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that your Cover Letter and CV/Resume are uploaded and any additional requested documentation, if noted above, as part of your application. Incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 21,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 450 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.