Business Development Manager: Water Sage California
We are looking for a California-based Business Development Manager to identify, develop, and close sales of our web application, Water Sage. The ideal candidate will have an existing network of relationships in the water resources industry in California, a proven track record of closing new business in a consultative selling role, and experience managing ongoing client relationships.
This role will require the successful execution of complex, consultative sales in both the public and private sectors. The successful candidate will develop and implement a sales strategy across multiple sub-sectors of the California water resources industry to increase the Water Sage California customer
base. This is an exciting ground floor opportunity for a hungry sales professional who wants to help improve how the water resources community does business and make a significant impact in a growing start-up.
- 2+ years working in the water resources industry in California, OR 2+ years in a B2B sales or business development role selling sophisticated software products
- Some familiarity or exposure to water resources issues and key players in California
- 2+ years B2B consultative sales or business development experience with a proven track record of identifying, developing, and closing new business
- 2+ years cultivating relationships with existing and new clients to increase loyalty and revenue opportunities
- Ability to provide quality customer support and service to California customer base
- Experience selling to or developing business with government entities
- Experience using CRM software
- B2B sales or business development experience with a proven track record of identifying, developing, and closing new business
- Professional demeanor and strong communication skills
- Self-starter with the ability to manage time and resources and execute on sales strategies independently
- Willingness to travel to within the state to client meetings and events and to the Denver headquarters for in person meetings with the sales & marketing team
- Ability to work remotely
- BA/BS degree
- Experience with Microsoft Office products (excel, word, powerpoint)
About Water Sage:
Water Sage™ is the largest integrated water and land information platform in the country. We connect thousands of users to water rights, groundwater, streamflow, and land information in an intuitive, mapbased research system. Water Sage makes deep knowledge accessible to the full spectrum of water stakeholders, from empowering basic research to enhancing professional workflows. Water Sage is the brainchild of the team at Ponderosa Advisors, LLC. In 2013, Ponderosa assembled a diverse group of leading analysts, lawyers, technical experts and developers to set about changing the way we look at water resources in the West. Our goal is to make crucial information about water and land accessible to the broad number of sectors that need it. We operate with a fundamental belief that access to information and transparency in markets facilitates better decision making, which benefits everyone.