Senior Delegate Tajikistan Climate Change Adaptation / Natural Resources Management
Caritas is a leading Swiss NGO focusing on poverty reduction in Switzerland and abroad. Caritas works worldwide and adheres to international humanitarian principles.
The Tajikistan Desk is responsible for implementing mandates by SDC, KfW, DipECHO and a number of Caritas-funded projects in the sectors of Disaster Risk Reduction & Climate Change Adaptation; Water, Sanitation & Hygiene as well as Food Security & Markets. The Caritas offices in Tajikistan employ currently 60 local and 7 international staff.
- 80%: Function as team leader for an SDC-mandate in the area of Integrated Watershed Management and an EU/ECHO-funded project on Eco-DRR.
- 20%: Support the Country Director in the acquisition of additional projects in the area of Adaptation to Climate Change.
For all these functions, the following tasks will have to be performed:
- General management and oversight of the programme results and measures in accordance with the approved log frame and time schedule;
- Have the overall responsibility for monitoring, evaluation, reporting and communication;
- Technical and contractual supervision of project staff and sub-contractors;
Support the team in upscaling the existing projects and in securing funds.
- Postgraduate university degree relevant to Climate Change Adaptation and natural resources management with proven practical work experience in these fields;
- At least 10 years of practical professional experience in the sector;
- Good understanding and proven track record in areas such as integrated rural development, community development, participation, and policy advise;
- Proven track record in project design and funds acquisition;
- Work experience as team leader in transition countries;
- Strong background in management and financial administration of development projects;
- Experience with donor-funded projects, preferably in Central Asia;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Specific knowledge of German Financial Cooperation (management procedures, reporting, etc.) and Climate Funds would be a strong asset;
- Proficiency in the English language; knowledge of the Russian language would be a strong asset.
Your place of work will be Tajikistan: Muminabad district, with occasional travel to Khovaling and Shurobod districts. Due to the duty station, the position is not suitable for candidates with children of school age.
Starting date: 1st July 2017 or upon agreement
Caritas offers attractive working conditions and an open working atmosphere in an international field of activities.There is the possibility to rent a fully furnished and equipped apartment in line with Western standards. Delegates stationed in Muminabad also have the opportunity to regularly spend their weekends in Dushanbe.
For further information please contact: Mrs. Judith Niederberger, Senior Programme Manager Tajikistan, Telephone +41 41 419 23 26 or E-Mail: email@example.com or Marc Glökler, Chief Delegate, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest. We look forward to receiving your job application by 31st May latest through our web portal.
Caritas Switzerland, Adligenswilerstrasse 15, 6002 Luzern