Action Against Hunger
Juba, South Sudan
Mid-Level (5-9 Years)
Advanced Degree (Master's or JD)
Please note: this job post has expired! To the best of our knowledge, this job is no longer available and this page remains here for archival purposes only.
KEY ACTIVITIES IN YOUR ROLE WILL INCLUDE:
- To contribute to defining the country strategy as well as the strategy and positioning of the WASH technical department.
- To coordinate the identification of needs and the formulation of project proposals.
- To oversee the implementation of, and ensure reporting on, programs/projects.
- To guarantee the quality and accountability of projects.
- To ensure the active participation of ACF in national sectoral coordination and technical forums and develop sectoral.
- To manage WASH team.
- To promote capitalization, technical development and research within the WASH Department.
DOES THIS DESCRIPTION FIT YOU?
- You have an advanced university degree in Water Engineering/Construction Engineering/Public Health with experience in water, sanitation, hygiene or related fields.
- You have at least 5 years’ experience in WASH programming, preferably in a humanitarian or international development context.
- You can develop & adapt strategic plans & proposals to ensure the mission’s objectives are achieved, integrating innovative approaches to WASH activities.
- You are experienced in providing technical support to teams and programs.
- You have a strong understanding of project cycle management and monitoring and evaluation.
- You are experienced in financial management and preparation of budgets for programming.
- You are experienced in proposal writing and donor reporting.
- You are able to adjust your own style to represent Action Against Hunger's appropriately with a range of national counterparts, as well as colleagues from other cultures & professions.
- You can provide technical advice in clear, unambiguous language, patiently explaining to field teams the reasons behind your conclusions in order to develop their technical skills.
- You are diplomatic and can assist colleagues to handle difficult situations.
- You possess excellent management and representation competencies.
- You remain aware of changing humanitarian needs in South Sudan & how these may impact Action Against Hunger's programs.
- You are highly organized & pay attention to small details.
- You are willing to work in insecure context.
- You are able to consolidate contributions from a large team to ensure reports are comprehensive & coherent.
- You can develop and adapt strategic plans & proposals to ensure the mission’s objectives are achieved, integrating innovative approaches to WASH activities.
Action Against Hunger values its employees and offers a comprehensive remuneration and benefits package. These include but are not limited to: -
- Health Insurance
- R&R Breaks
- Paid annual leave (vacation)
- Training opportunities
- Child allowance
For an all-inclusive list of benefits check the Action Against Hunger Website