Action Against Hunger
Juba, South Sudan
Mid-Level (5-9 Years)
Advanced Degree (Master's or JD)
31 May 2017
5 days remaining until the deadline.
KEY ACTIVITIES IN YOUR ROLE WILL INCLUDE:
- To contribute to defining the country strategy as well as the strategy and positioning of the WASH technical department.
- To coordinate the identification of needs and the formulation of project proposals.
- To oversee the implementation of, and ensure reporting on, programs/projects.
- To guarantee the quality and accountability of projects.
- To ensure the active participation of ACF in national sectoral coordination and technical forums and develop sectoral.
- To manage WASH team.
- To promote capitalization, technical development and research within the WASH Department.
DOES THIS DESCRIPTION FIT YOU?
- You have an advanced university degree in Water Engineering/Construction Engineering/Public Health with experience in water, sanitation, hygiene or related fields.
- You have at least 5 years’ experience in WASH programming, preferably in a humanitarian or international development context.
- You can develop & adapt strategic plans & proposals to ensure the mission’s objectives are achieved, integrating innovative approaches to WASH activities.
- You are experienced in providing technical support to teams and programs.
- You have a strong understanding of project cycle management and monitoring and evaluation.
- You are experienced in financial management and preparation of budgets for programming.
- You are experienced in proposal writing and donor reporting.
- You are able to adjust your own style to represent Action Against Hunger's appropriately with a range of national counterparts, as well as colleagues from other cultures & professions.
- You can provide technical advice in clear, unambiguous language, patiently explaining to field teams the reasons behind your conclusions in order to develop their technical skills.
- You are diplomatic and can assist colleagues to handle difficult situations.
- You possess excellent management and representation competencies.
- You remain aware of changing humanitarian needs in South Sudan & how these may impact Action Against Hunger's programs.
- You are highly organized & pay attention to small details.
- You are willing to work in insecure context.
- You are able to consolidate contributions from a large team to ensure reports are comprehensive & coherent.
- You can develop and adapt strategic plans & proposals to ensure the mission’s objectives are achieved, integrating innovative approaches to WASH activities.
Action Against Hunger values its employees and offers a comprehensive remuneration and benefits package. These include but are not limited to: -
- Health Insurance
- R&R Breaks
- Paid annual leave (vacation)
- Training opportunities
- Child allowance
For an all-inclusive list of benefits check the Action Against Hunger Website