Job Number: 504151 | Vacancy Link
Work Type : Fixed Term Staff
Purpose of the Position
Accountable for formulation, design, planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluation of WASH programme to ensure overall efficiency and effectiveness of the programme management, delivery and accomplishment of programme goals and objectives.
Key Expected Results
1. Timely sectoral analysis, input, support and collaboration to the Situation Analysis and its periodic update made for effective programme planning, development and management, including emergency preparedness and response.
2. Knowledge management effectively promoted through drafting/finalizing key WASH sectoral programme documents and reports, sharing good practice, lessons learned, and knowledge/information exchange.
3. Quality of rights-based WASH programmes effectively promoted, and coherence, synergy and value added to programme management process through results-based management and strategies.
4. Sectoral work plan and activities formulated, implemented and monitored, ensuring alignment with the defined programme strategies and approaches. Programme monitored with special attention to gender/sex disaggregation of relevant indicators.
5. Programme delivery, evaluation and reporting carried out efficiently, rigorously and transparently in compliance with the established guidelines and procedures.
6. UNICEF’s global goals effectively promoted through advocacy and policy dialogue in the WASH sector.
7. Proper and timely UNICEF and Government accountability ensured regarding supply, non-supply and emergency assistance as well as disbursement of programme funds for the WASH sector.
8. Effective communication and networking achieved through partnership and collaboration including support to the Inter-Agency Standing Committe (IASC) WASH Cluster.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
- Advanced university degree in one of the disciplines relevant to the following areas: Public Health, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Geology, Hydrology, Sanitation Engineering, or a field relevant to international WASH related development assistance.
- Additional training in Health Education or Communication for Development (Programme Communication), an asset.
*First university degree with additional two-years of relevant work experience is acceptable in lieu of an advanced university degree.
2. Work Experience
- Five years of progressively responsible professional work experience in the UN or other international development organization, national government or the private sector. Field work experience.
- Background/familiarity with Emergency (preparedness and response) and the IASC Cluster approach.
- Experience/familiarity with the context of Iraq and the current displacement situation, highly desirable
Fluency in English required. Fluency in Arabic or another UN language, desirable
Competencies of Successful Candidate
1. Core Values
- Diversity and Inclusion
2. Core Competencies
- Communication [ II ]
- Working with People [ II ]
- Drive for Results [ II ]
3. Functional Competencies
- Leading and Supervising [ I ]
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts [ II ]
- Analyzing [ III ]
- Relating and Networking [ II ]
- Deciding and Initiating Action [ II ]
- Applying Technical Expertise [ III ]
To view our competency framework, please click here.
* The successful candidate for this emergency recruitment MUST be available to commence work within 31 days of receiving an offer.
* Please note that Erbil is a non-family duty station.
Employment is conditional upon receipt of medical clearance, any clearance required, the grant of a visa, and completion of any other pre-employment criteria that UNICEF may establish. Candidates may not be further considered or offers of employment may be withdrawn if these conditions are unlikely to be met before the date for commencement of service
Opening Date Mon Apr 17 2017 08:00:00 GMT+0200 (SAST) Arabic Standard Time
Closing Date Mon May 01 2017 22:55:00 GMT+0200 (SAST)