Partnerships & Development Officer
Duration: Permanent, Full-time (37.5 hours per week)
Salary: £28-32,000 per annum
Closing date: 23rd April 2017
Interviews: 25th/26th or 27th April with possible second interview 2nd May 2017
Job description: Read the full job description
To apply: please submit a CV and covering letter: APPLY NOW
Sitting within the Partnerships & Development Team and reporting to the Director of partnerships & Development, the Partnerships and Development will support the Director of Partnerships and Development in securing and managing key strategic partnerships and/or country level funding for specific countries partnerships with institutional funders and other partners by supporting the development of concept notes, proposals and pitches for new major strategic partnerships.
Key responsibilities include:
- To support the Director of Partnerships & Development in building relations with key partners, through supporting with the preparation, submission and follow up of high quality funding proposals, including drafting narratives, developing logical frameworks (logframes) and undertaking detailed budgeting and supporting in the contract review process.
- To work closely with Director of Partnerships & Development on the development of complex, multi-country bilateral/consortium/partnership proposals (with support from the Programme Funding Team where necessary).
- To support the Director of Partnerships & Development and/or the CEO in the management of key funders and/or business development activity as needed.
- To research and evaluate new sources of co-funding for strategic partnerships and/or country-level programme funding (as relevant), working with the Director of Partnerships & Development to qualify opportunities and advising on the necessary follow up.
- To work with the Director of Partnerships and Development to produce high quality, accurate and timely funder reports for key strategic partners and/or country-specific funders (as relevant) that sit within the remit of the role of the Director of Partnerships & Development.
- To maintain oversight of reporting requirements and schedule and oversee the management of appropriate systems for monitoring and managing key strategic partnerships and/or country-level funding (as relevant).
- To work closely with WSUP Programmes, Finance, ICoN and ERL teams in preparation of high quality funder and partner reports and other contractual requirements.
- To work with colleagues across WSUP’s global offices and teams to align relevant donor funding with global and country programme strategies, emerging and secured funding, as well as broader fundraising efforts within the Partnerships and Development Team.
- To lead the preparation, submission and follow-up of annual plans, funding requests, and other proposals to relevant strategic partners, including drafting narratives, producing memos on specific topics or issues, developing logical frameworks and detailed budgeting.
- To work with the Communications team at WSUP to ensure strategic partnership visibility is maximised both within and outside the organisation.
- Ensure effective and efficient operations in the areas of grants/awards management, including maintaining accuracy of manual and electronic award files.
- To undertake research and donor mapping for strategic partnerships including institutional funders, corporates and trusts and foundations and/or HNWIs with whom there is potential for WSUP to develop a strategic partnership.
- To contribute to multi-country funder mapping to ensure funder cross-pollination.
- To identify key trends and indicators related to WSUP’s work and the wider sector in which it operates, and use these to develop strong cases for support with cited data.