Expert for strengthening Rwanda's public agriculture extension system (m/f) - TA to enhance the Government of Rwanda's capacities in the agriculture sector for the sustainable use of land and water resources, value creation & nutrition security in Rwanda
Field of activity
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a state owned organisation. We work worldwide in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. GIZ International Services (InS) is an integral division of GIZ. We offer the experience, the regional and technical know-how of GIZ in the global market and provide international clients with expertise in terms of economic and result-oriented services.
GIZ International Services is going to submit a proposal for the EU-funded project: “Technical Assistance to enhance the Government of Rwanda's capacities in the agriculture sector for the sustainable use of land and water resources, value creation and nutrition security” in Rwanda.
The overall objective of the project is to support the implementation of the government's economic development and poverty reduction strategy, thereby contributing to poverty eradication and the promotion of inclusive and sustainable growth.
The purpose is to support the institutions in charge of the agriculture reform, particularly the Ministry of Agriculture and Animal Resources Government of Rwanda and related implementing bodies, through technical assistance, skill transfer and capacity development in planning and implementing the agriculture sector strategy, and in particular its contribution to the food and nutrition security of households, broad-based agriculture value chain development, and the sustainable, climate smart, efficient and effective use of land and water resources.
Qualification and skills
- Graduate- or Post-graduate Degree in Agronomy or Agricultural Sciences or Livestock or Agricultural Economy or Business Administration or equivalent professional experience of at least 5 years.
- At least C-1 level proficiency in English.
- At least B-2 level proficiency in French.
General professional experience
- At least 6 years of professional working experience in strengthening agriculture extension systems.
- Knowledge of the different options for providing and financing agricultural extension services.
- Similar experience in different African countries
Specific professional experience
- At least 3 years working experience in planning and implementing farmer field schools and other models to strengthen frontline agricultural extension services.
- Experience with farm enterprise planning and farming systems analysis.
- Experience with the use of social-media/ICT-tools in leveraging coverage, costefficiency and impact of agriculture information, communication and extension.
- Experience in suppo rting multi-cropping approach and agro-ecological system approachat farmers level.
The intended start date is 1 September 2017 and the period of implementation of the contract will be 48 months from this date.
Please note that we basically can only receive and process applications sent via our e-recruiting system. Should you not be able to do so, please contact the person named in the job advertisement.
After submitting an application, please check your spam/junk folder regularly for incoming messages, as emails from our e-recruiting system are treated as spam by some providers.
GIZ would like to improve the share of disabled employees, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
We would like to ask you to apply with a CV in Europeaid format.
If we caught your interest, we are looking forward to your application until 04.05.201