Project Specialist (Environmental Initiatives)
The World Economic Forum, committed to improving the state of the world, is the International Organization for Public-Private Cooperation.
The Forum engages the foremost political, business and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas.
The System Initiative on Shaping the Future of Environment and Natural Resource Security builds an inclusive and practical framework for the global environmental agenda. Through an open architecture approach to multi-stakeholder cooperation, the System Initiative aims to break down silos and foster new forms of cooperation and innovation in the public and private sectors. It does this by bringing together experts and practitioners around projects that are designed to promote economic growth and combat climate change as well as other natural resource challenges.
The successful candidate will have overall responsibility for coordinating the Environment Team, as well as specific coordination responsibilities for the Circular Economy project, one of the global projects of the System Initiative on Shaping the Future of Environment and Natural Resource Security.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide project management support by keeping timelines; track actions needed to achieve milestones and objectives for the Circular Economy project; ensure coordination for the Circular Economy project and overall Environment Team
- Manage events for Regional and Annual Forum meetings, external workshops and Partners meetings organized by the team
- Provide administrative support, including arranging conference calls and meetings, taking minutes and preparing PowerPoint presentations
- Manage and proofread publication requests
- Help develop publication dissemination strategies and manage distribution
- Ensure web content is accurate and up to date
- Help manage the digital platforms by curating content and engaging with the community
- Be the acknowledged team leader and the point person to be consulted by all internal teams such as Publications, Events and Regional teams, and PublicisLive, the Forum operations and logistics provider
Qualifications and Skills
- Strong academic background with a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in a directly relevant field
- One to three years’ experience in an event management, administration or a coordination position
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, fluency in spoken and written English; other languages would be an asset
- Proficient in MS Office, experience with social media or other online digital platforms would be an asset
- Ability to quickly identify emerging opportunities in the above-mentioned fields and to coordinate activities that feed into various projects
- Ability to adapt to situations and understand the needs of stakeholders
- Proactive, strong problem solving skills, ability to work independently, ease in relating to colleagues and developing relationships
- Strong organizational and time management skills, an eye for detail and customer-focused, team player with an interest in environmental issues and innovation; ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Committed, collaborative, positive personality and solution-oriented