Sustainability programme manager
IHA has a vacancy for an experienced sustainability programme manager to coordinate work relating to the Hydropower Sustainability Assessment Protocol and other associated tools/activities. Reporting to the chief executive and working closely with IHA’s senior sustainability specialist, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate strong project management skills, with a good understanding of governance processes and reporting.
The candidate should have excellent communications skills, be comfortable working internationally with multi-stakeholder groups, and have broad experience in work projects with tight deadlines.
- Managing associated projects and reporting to the chief executive on IHA’s sustainability work programme;
- Supporting the multi-stakeholder Hydropower Sustainability Assessment Council and its Protocol Governance Committee;
- Ensuring compliance with related charters and terms of reference;
- Contributing to the ongoing development of the Hydropower Sustainability Assessment Protocol and other derivative tools and products;
- Working closely with the senior sustainability specialist in project implementation (training, accreditation, capacity building, reporting and meetings/events);
- Managing the register of licenced accredited assessors and disseminating information to its members;
- Managing budgets and contractual obligations, including the subcontracting of work where necessary; and
- Overseeing website content and contributing to related communications opportunities across a range of media.
- Post-graduate education in a related subject;
- Demonstrated skills in project management, process development and budget control;
- Ability to be strategic and operate with diplomacy, to work within a small team and perform under pressure;
- Experience in working internationally and with multi-stakeholder groups;
- Proven organisational and reporting skills to manage several projects simultaneously and deliver to agreed deadlines;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in spoken and written English (other languages would be advantageous); and
- Eligibility to work in the United Kingdom and able to travel internationally occasionally.
This is a full-time role based at the IHA Central Office in Sutton, South-West London, SM1 1JB.
The deadline for applications is 24 February 2017. Candidates should send a letter explaining how their skills and experience fit the role. The candidate should indicate their potential availability to start and confirm their eligibility to be employed in the UK. A full CV should be attached with the letter, together with the contact details of two employer referees (these will not be approached without prior consultation with the candidate). Applications should be sent to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: Application for Sustainability Programme Manager.