Myanmar National Coordinator (Water Cluster Team)
SEI is an independent international research institute, engaged in environment and development issues at local, national, regional and global policy levels for more than a quarter of a century. Our goal is to bring about change for sustainable development by bridging science and policy. We do this by providing integrated analysis that supports decision makers. SEI works from seven main locations, with additional offices linked to these. Project teams generally span locations.
The Myanmar national coordinator is part of the water cluster team of SEI Asia Centre. The main role of this position is to assist the water cluster team in the coordination and implementation of research projects related to natural resources management in Myanmar such as Chindwin Futures (https://www.sei-international.org/projects?prid=2139) and Sustainable Mekong Research Network (www.sumernet.org).
The appointee will be working with colleagues in the water cluster at Asia Centre in Bangkok and other SEI partners in Myanmar. The Myanmar national coordinator will report directly to the water cluster leader and specific project leaders and is under overall supervision of the SEI Asia Centre Director.
- Assist in coordination-, communications- and administration-related activities of the research projects in Myanmar.
- Assist in building and expanding strategic partnerships and networking with governments, civil society organizations, private sectors and donors in Myanmar in implementing research project activities and developing new research projects.
- Assist in the logistical arrangements and cost estimates (e.g. booking accommodations, meeting venues, vans) for the research project related meetings and events.
- Assist in the translation of related documents and the facilitation of discussions in meetings and events (e.g. meetings, consultations, trainings, field trips) in English and Myanmar.
- Undertake monitoring and evaluating progress of research project activities in Myanmar against workplans.
- Assist in literature review and data collection.
- Support in preparing documents (e.g. agenda, workplan, reports, publications, proposal) related to research projects as assigned.
- Support in fundraising initiatives as required.
- Perform other tasks that might be assigned by project leaders, the water cluster leader and SEI Asia Centre Director.
- Master's degree with at least 3-year work experience (or bachelor's degree with at least 5-year experience) in the field related to Project Management, Business Administration, Public Administration, Social Sciences, Engineering or related studies.
- Proven experience in coordination and communications with governmental and non-governmental agencies in Myanmar.
- Experience in working under projects related to natural resources management, especially Integrated Water Resources Management.
- Experience in providing logistical support and organizing events for large numbers of participants.
- Experience in conducting literature reviews for research projects.
- Excellent in reading, writing and speaking English and Myanmar.
- Strong motivation, personal initiative and commitment to excellence and results, as well as enthusiasm for supporting scientific research and policy engagement.
- Demonstrated record of interdisciplinary collaboration, partnership and team building and the desire to work in a collaborative environment with time management
- Experience in conducting the capacity building or training activities.
- Experience in conducting field work (e.g. household survey, focus group discussion, interviews).
- Experience in writing publications and media outputs in English.
Salary package including health insurance and provident fund commensurate with academic background and experience. SEI Asia offers an exciting and interesting opportunity to work alongside some of the region's leading researchers to bring genuine change to the world we live in.