Special Assistant to the ADG
GGGI has a diverse portfolio of programs in developing countries around the world. These in-country programs, together with global products and services, focus on delivering results through an integrated approach of evidence-based green growth planning and implementation aligned to countries’ development priorities. The organization also focuses on knowledge development and management activities which build a strong theoretical and empirical basis for green growth, while providing concrete options and guidance for policymakers; as well as building the conditions for public and private green infrastructure investments.
The Investment and Policy Solutions Division (IPSD), based at GGGI's Seoul headquarters works with programs in countries and on (global) projects, by:
Providing technical and financial know-how through advice to country programs in the areas of energy, green cities, land-use and water;
Working with the Green Growth Planning and Implementation Division (GGP&I) on the development of service offerings (in GGGI’s four main focus areas) and related methodologies (delivery approaches);
Converting experience gained through country activities and engagement in international networks into elements of South-South cooperation programs, sub-regional knowledge sharing programs and national level capacity building activities;
Contributing to the preparation of corporate communication material.
In support of the ADG, the Special Assistant is responsible for overseeing strategic initiatives in line with the work program and objectives of the Division through building strong collaborative relations with senior staff inside IPSD as well as the rest GGGI including the Management Team. This role entails managing flexibly a number of different tasks, assisting the ADG on their day to day activities, and overseeing the smooth functioning of a number of cross-cutting initiatives. The Special Assistant will ensure quality of documents released, meetings held, analysis of management data, control of budgets and other overall corporate tasks with the aim of supporting the ADG to undertake work more effectively.
Based in Seoul, The Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI) is an intergovernmental organization founded to support and promote a model of economic growth known as "green growth", which targets key aspects of economic performance such a poverty reduction, job creation, social inclusion, and environmental sustainability. GGGI works with countries around the world, building their capacity and working collaboratively on green growth policies that can impact the lives of millions. The organization partners with countries, multilateral institutions, government bodies, and private sector to help build economies that grow strongly and are more efficient and sustainable in the use of natural resources, less carbon intensive, and more resilient to climate change.
The purpose of this job is to manage meeting notes, overall to support the ADG in managing cross-cutting initiatives.
Oversee the budget formulation process, analysis of management data, coordinate with other divisions
Manage and develop collateral as needed for the ADG to perform her duties effectively
Provide technical backstop and other as-needed analytical support to help the ADG perform her duties effectively
- Build collaborative networks with the international community, especially financial institutions
- Build collaborative networks with the Management Team and other Divisions to provide a bridge for smooth communication between the ADG’s office and internal departments while demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff
- Engage with GGGI colleagues to bring about smoother integration and functioning of IPSD, work with Sector Leads and Head of GIS
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the ADG including managing programmatic related reporting functions as requested by donors, liaise with other teams within GGGI, manage special projects as they arise within the ADG’s office, support current projects especially around integration.
- Prepare talking points and presentations for the ADG, assist the ADG in business development efforts, including the creation of partnerships, review of documents, and conceptualizing new opportunities.
- Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization, and manages a variety of special projects as the need arises
- Follows up on contacts made by the ADG supports the cultivation of ongoing relationships
REQUIREMENTS (only recruitment purpose)
- Bachelor’s degree minimum in a relevant discipline in English
- Experience as special assistants in the past, or experience with organizational building/mapping of processes and workflow for 2 – 3 years at least
- MS Word, PowerPoint and MS Excel
- Experience in a professional consulting environmental would be a plus
Previous roles as special assistant or having provided functional area support to executive staff would be key.
- Must be able to speak and write clearly. Command over the English language is an absolute must.
- Must have a “can do” bent of mind
- Be willing to learn
- Maintain standards of conduct
- Possess cultural and political awareness and sensitivity