Senior Water Management Specialist
DAI seeks a Senior Water Management Specialist to serve on the Building Resilience into Ecosystem and Livelihoods (BREL) Activity that aims to strengthen integration among democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and nutrition activities which all contribute to poverty reduction. This activity will look to contribute to building resilience into services and livelihoods in western Honduras. Intermediate Results shall be achieved by: i) Reduced threats in areas of biological significance and/or natural resources to conserve biodiversity and protect water delivery; ii) increasing conservation-related income-generating activities; iii) Increased vulnerable population’s capacity to adapt to climate variability and change. The Senior Water Management Specialist responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Providing technical guidance to the Natural Resources Management component of the activity.
- He/She will work closely with the COP in defying technical approach of the activity.
- The primary role is to assure results are being achieved on reducing threats in areas of biological significance and/or natural resources to conserve biodiversity and protect water delivery.
The senior water management specialist shall take the lead in coordinating with GOH institutions such as MiAmbiente and ICF.
Education: Required Master’s degree or higher in integrated watershed management, conservation biology or a closely related field.
- At least 15 years of progressively more responsible international work experience in integrated watershed management, with at least six years’ recent experience in Central America, preferably Honduras.
- The proposed candidate must have experience in wider natural resources management and in working directly with host country government ministries directly responsible for managing water resources.
- Must have at least eight years of progressively more responsible supervisory work experience, including:direct supervision of professional and support staff;
- quality evaluation of staff performance and deliverables; and
Project management under contract(s).
- English: ILS Scale9 Level 4, Advanced Professional Proficiency in Reading, Speaking, Listening and Writing is required.
- Spanish: ILS Scale9 Level 4, Advanced Professional Proficiency in Reading, Speaking, Listening and Writing is required.