Project Officer (CDP Supply Chain)
CDP is a leading international charity founded 16 years ago to address the dangerous threat of climate change. It has since grown to become the world's foremost system for companies and cities to report on carbon emissions, water stewardship and deforestation. We operate key hubs in London, New York and Berlin with other representation in the rest of Europe, Brazil, Australia, Japan, India and China.
CDP North America (CDP NA) is an independent 501(c)3 charity, based in New York, which works in close association with other members of the CDP operation throughout the world. Our office is growing and we are seeking a highly motivated individual with skill-sets in administrative support and data management to support the highly motivated, successful and ambitious Supply Chain team at CDP. If you have a passion and desire to proactively work to with businesses to prevent dangerous climate change, then this is the ideal role for you.
The Project Officer (PO) will be based in CDP’s New York office and will report to both the Project Manager and Director of CDP Supply Chain. The PO will be responsible for carrying out critical activities to support the international CDP Supply Chain team. The key areas of responsibility include managing and quality assuring CDP’s data outputs, becoming a centre of operational knowledge on the Supply Chain program and providing administrative support to the Supply Chain team. Attention to detail, efficiency and the highest-level of organization are fundamental to this role.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Producing and/or quality assuring CDP Supply Chains data analysis outputs.
- Testing CDP’s IT systems and data outputs, and troubleshooting any issues.
- Become an operational knowledge leader on CDP’s client relationship management tool for CDP supply chain North & South America.
- Operational ad hoc support for SC Account Managers in CDP Supply Chain North America.
- Administrative support on event organization and production.
- Administrative support on keeping the public webpages up to date.
- Administrative support on CDP Supply Chain including organising team meetings and taking minutes.
There will be the opportunities to learn and manage independent projects and build contacts with external parties.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A very high level of organisation and attention to detail.
- A good interest in using and maintaining data and databases
- Proven success in providing effective administrative support
- A good level of self-motivation and drive
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Confident verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- The ability to deliver excellent results under pressure
- A good team player with the ability to work with colleagues around the world
- Good experience of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Proficiency in another language very desirable (Spanish, Portuguese, French, German, Chinese or Japanese)
- Experience of CDP and its mission
- Experience of climate change, water risk & stewardship, deforestation, procurement and or supply chain management.
The successful candidate will work 5 days per week and must be able to work legally in the USA. The role is located at our offices in Manhattan, New York.
CDP offers a competitive NGO salary commensurate with experience and skills and a potential for annual bonus. Benefits include excellent medical & dental, non-contributory 401k (additional contributory 401k amount optional), 24 days vacation annually.
Interested candidates should:
- Fill out a short survey available here
- Send a copy of their resume along with a cover email outlining their suitability for the role to Sarah Murphy via firstname.lastname@example.org Please use the title Application for Supply Chain Project Officer, New York.
Closing date for applications: TBD