Position Code/ HIHFS 2/0006- 2017
About Hand in Hand for Syria
Hand in Hand for Syria (HIHFS) was established in May 2011 as a non-political, non-sectarian organization to provide humanitarian relief to people inside Syria. With the contribution of its private donors and official partners, it is covering projects in health, WASH, shelter, food security, NFI and education sectors.
It was first registered in the UK under the Charity Commission with a head office in London.
It is also registered in Turkey under the Ministry of Interior – Department of Association with two offices: Main office in Reyhanli and another in Gaziantep which are supported by more than 350 staff.
Position: WASH Field Team Leader
Location of the Work
Idleb & Filed Sites Syria
Department : WASH & Shelter
Reports to: Project coordinator and WASH & Shelter Manager**
The main Purpose of the position:
HIHFS is seeking to recruit candidates for the position of (WASH Field Team Leader) to work inside Syria.
The WASH Field Team Leader will ensure day-to-day field management, supervision and coordination of all the activities taking place during the lifetime of the project.
The project will provide access to improved WASH services for vulnerable Syrian people and host communities.
The WASH Field Team Leader will maintain impartiality and neutrality in dealing with all stakeholders.
He/she will be responsible for the day to day Project implementation that focus on increasing access to safe water and sanitation services/facilities to Syrian people and host communities.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Lead field activities related to construction / rehabilitation of water and sanitation infrastructure undertaken by Hand in Hand for Syria in program target areas, and ensure effective and timely completion of the interventions.
- Closely supervise the implementation of technical components of the project contracted out to partners ensuring full compliance with required standards.
- Provide technical support and advice to Hand in Hand for Syria partners engaged in the implementation of water and sanitation interventions.
- Under the guidance of WASH & Shelter Program Manager and WASH project coordinator, coordinate field activities with sites supervisors.
- Support in carrying out community mobilization and hygiene promotion sessions among the Syrian people and host communities, implemented by Hand in Hand for Syria.
- Conduct WASH facilities assessment to determine scope of work, resource requirement and estimated cost.
- Provide support including on-the-job training, supervision and monitoring of site supervisor.
- Monitor the WASH project progress as per and in Hand for Syria regulations and standards.
- Prepare weekly field reports to be submitted to WASH Program Manager and WASH project coordinator;
- Jointly with WASH team, conduct emergency assessments and, in coordination with others, design and organize the implementation of appropriate responses.
- Support in establishing and maintaining proper project documentation and records, including but not limited to: needs assessments questionnaires, monitoring questionnaires, certificates of vouchers receipts, consolidated list of beneficiaries, photos etc.
- Identify equipment and material needs by developing detailed bill of quantities, and in co-operation with the local logistics team assess what is available in the local market.
- Participate and represent the organization in field coordination meetings.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Hand in Hand for Syria and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor Degree in a, Mechanical engineering, electrical Engineering, Water and Sanitation Engineering
- At least Three-years experience in WASH field
- Practical Experience Required
- Previous experience working for NGOs is preferred.
- Knowledge of humanitarian standards and codes, including SPHERE is preferred.
- Good command of design software such as Auto Cad and/or any other related software is preferred.
- Strong communication, negotiation and problem solving skills.
- Familiarity with the issues of urban and village water systems and networks,
- Proven understanding of Do No Harm principles and methodology with applied experience implementing projects with/for women and girls.
- Must be computer-literate, particularly in programs such as MS Word and MS Excel.
- Strong organizational and collaboration skills required, with the ability to work independently and be self-directed, as necessary.
- · Must work well as a member of a team, with willingness to travel throughout project sites, sometimes staying overnight, as the job requires.
- · Ability to meet deadlines, performing duties on time and possessing time management skills.
- · Professional attire and grooming in addition to customary speech skills.
- · Ability to work under pressure, making decisions in urgent situations problem solving skills
How to apply:
nterested applicants should fill the application vie the following link:
in addition to sending a detailed CV in English to:
Entitled “ WASH Field Team Leader” before February 15th .2017.
*All candidates will be considered but Syrian nationality are encouraged to apply highly
*.** Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview and technical test.