Background / General description:
The International Finance Corporation (IFC), the private sector arm of the World Bank Group, is a global investor and advisor, supporting sustainable economic growth in developing countries by making private sector investments, mobilizing capital in the international financial markets, and providing advisory services to businesses and governments. To complement its growing investments, the International Finance Corporation is recruiting an Investment Analyst for its Mining Department. The Mining Department provides equity and loan financing to global extractive industry projects. We offer an integrated approach that combines financing with industry expertise and assistance in maximizing projects’ social benefits while minimizing environmental footprints.Investment Analysts work closely with IFC’s Investment Officers, who are responsible for the design, negotiation, structuring, and subsequent supervision of the Corporation’s investment projects. Investment Analysts help identify new projects and assist Investment Officers in executing deals, advising private companies on restructuring and using new financial instruments.This is local hire (paid in local currency), term appointment with an initial duration of 2 years and
Note: If the selected candidate is a current Bank Group staff member with a Regular or Open-Ended appointment, s/he will retain his/her Regular or Open-Ended appointment. All others will be offered a 2 year term appointment.
Duties and Accountabilities:
- Provide analytical support to project teams;
- Analyze companies financials statements and create financial models;
- Perform enterprise valuations using different methods: DCF, Trading Comps, Precedent Transactions, and other as appropriate;
- Conduct industry and market research (commodity mappings) and assist in IFC’s business development efforts;
- Participate in the monitoring and supervision of portfolio projects;
- Participate in all aspects of IFC’s project processing cycle, from project development to disbursement;
- Prepare documentation for IFC’s internal processes;
- Establish and maintain quality client relationships to enhance new business opportunities;
- Prepare presentations and reports for senior management;
- Participate in investments negotiations.The position provides an opportunity to obtain broad company, project and sector experience across a large and diversified range of mining companies, and to liaise closely with technical, legal and other staff in IFC’s offices in Latin America and Washington.
- Bachelor’s degree with at least two years of relevant work experience in project finance, corporate finance, equity research and/or credit analysis work;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and sound business judgment to identify issues and present creative and practical solutions;
- Proficiency in spreadsheet modeling and elaborating power point presentations;
- Quick learner with high level of initiative, drive and attention to details;
- Facility to work successfully in multicultural teams and across boundaries;
- Comfortable working in a team-based environment;
- Strong client service orientation with an openness to feedback and new ideas;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, Proficiency in Spanish will be an advantage.