USAID Haiti WASH Technical and Managerial Positions
DAI seeks qualified specialists for an anticipated USAID WASH Activity in Haiti. The project will focus on increasing access to water and sanitation services in government-identified priority cholera “hotspot” communes and on recovering from cyclical disasters such as Hurricane Matthew. The objective will be achieved through 1) increased access to sustainable water supply services; 2) increased access to sustainable sanitation services; and 3) strengthening the enabling environment for sustainably delivering, operating and maintaining WASH services.
Long and short term technical and managerial positions are anticipated in the following areas:
- Deputy Chief of Party – Sector Reform: experience working in the water and sanitation sector including regulatory reform, utility strengthening, and/or institutional restructuring. Demonstrated track record managing donor-funded project teams on WASH projects. Knowledge of the Haitian WASH sector. Prior experience with USAID preferred.
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Director: experience leading monitoring and evaluation teams of donor-funded WASH, water resource management, or health projects, preferably with USAID.
- Director of Finance and Administration: experience managing large USAID budgets, excellent understanding of USAID policies and procedures, strong team manager.
- Community Development/Behavior Change Specialist: experience in public health, WASH, health sciences and community mobilization. Experience designing and implementing behavior change programs related to WASH and/or health. Experience in urban settings.
- Institutional Capacity/Local Government Development Specialist: experience working with local governments in Haiti, including building capacity of statistical organizations for greater advocacy and government accountability, ability to conduct training needs assessments and apply other methods to assess organizational/institutional development needs. Understanding of the HAITI WASH decentralization policy.
- Private Sector Business Development Specialist: experience providing business development services to small, medium and large water, sanitation, and/or health enterprises and service providers.
- Water and Sanitation Engineering Specialists: experience in urban sanitation, familiarity with city-wide sanitation and fecal sludge management.
- Communications/Public Awareness Manager: experience leading public awareness campaigns in the WASH and/or health sector in Haiti. Strong team manager. USAID experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher (preferred) in a field related to the above development needs.
- Experience working with host-country government officials, international donors and private sector stakeholders.
- Fluency in French and/or French and/or Haitian Creole required; English fluency strongly preferred.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their resume; preferably in English, by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org with technical area of expertise in the subject line.
To be considered for in-person interviews in Haiti, submit applications as soon as possible - final deadline of February 17, 2017. Applications received after February 17 will be reviewed for phone interviews. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone inquiries, please.
All program positions will be contingent upon DAI being awarded the contract and the donor approving all proposed candidates.
About the Organization
DAI works at the cutting edge of international development, combining technical excellence, professional project management, and exceptional customer service to solve our clients’ most complex problems. Since 1970, DAI has worked in 150 developing and transition countries, providing comprehensive development solutions in areas including crisis mitigation, democratic governance and public sector management, agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development and financial services, economics and trade, water and natural resources management, and energy and climate change. Clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and host-country governments. More information about DAI can be found on the DAI website (www.dai.com).