WASH Sector Advisor
Juba, South Sudan
Mid-Level (5-9 Years)
Advanced Degree (Master's or JD)
Please note: this job post has expired! To the best of our knowledge, this job is no longer available and this page remains here for archival purposes only.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
- To provide technical leadership to WASH Sector in World Vision South Sudan (WVSS).
- To provide technical input in WASH project design, implementation and reporting based on Project designs and initiatives geared towards reducing conflicts.
- To lead WASH sector engagement and networking with partners, East Africa Region (EAR) and Support Offices (SOs).
Technical Leadership and Technical Input:
- Develop WASH Sector technical approaches, implementation guidelines and tools and promote implementation.
- Undertake periodic project monitoring and technical backstopping.
- Coordinate the implementation of the WVSS WASH Technical Approach, including identifying on-going priority areas.
- Ensure that sector budgets are aligned to project designs and DIPs.
- Define WASH focus areas relevant to WVSS ministry and in accordance with the practical and strategic needs of children;
- Build the capacity of WVSS staff to plan, implement, monitor and evaluate WASH programs.
- Provide relevant technical advice to WVSS on WASH technical issues.
- Ensure that projects adhere to set sector standards(donor, government, cluster, etc)
- Lead Contextual sectorial analysis to inform strategy and programming.
- Ensure integration with sector and departments to optimize resource use and program impact.
Engagement and Networking:
- To actively engage with various WASH networks (within and outside WV Partnership) and regularly update the National Office (NO).
- Ensure representation on relevant humanitarian cluster and technical working groups to profile WV and influence decision.
- Regular provide reports and information required by relevant humanitarian cluster.
- Represent WV in sector specific national, regional and global forums deemed necessary for quality programming and profiling WVSS.
- Support field research, analysis and documentation of sector promising practices in collaboration with the Policy Advocacy Specialist, QA and communications.
Grant Acquisition and Resource Mobilisation:
- Provide technical support in needs identification and assessments.
- Preposition WV in cluster meetings and networks.
- Ensure compliance with donor requirements during project implementation.
- Provide technical support in resource acquisition and project design.
- Develop realistic project budgets in line with project proposal narrative.
- Contribute to ‘go/no go decision’ for project location and resource acquisition.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITITES:
- Master’s degree in Civil Engineering (Water Resources or Public Health).
- Minimum 5 years WASH experience fragile context or a country experiencing armed conflict or natural disaster.
- Minimum 2 years field experience in an emergency response program.
- Excellent experience in accessing programming resources, especially from donor governments.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in developing proposals and their budgets.
- Thorough knowledge of project management cycle.
- Experience in management of implementation teams and project budgets.
- Experience in models and methods of National staff training, facilitation and capacity building.
- Experience of implementing Do not Harm /Local capacity for Peace.
- Experience in developing systems to capture and measure the impact of WASH activities.
- Highly experienced in representing and presenting at high level meetings.
- Ability to live and work in difficult conditions.
- Skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint and Engineering Design Software (Auto card etc).
- Excellent English, both spoken and written.
Working Environment / Travel:
- Work environment: Office-Based Staff with frequent movements to the fields.
- Travel: 30% domestic/international travels is required.
- On call: Available for communication with partners and colleagues from diverse time zones.