Project Specialist (Environmental Initiatives (Temporary))
The World Economic Forum, committed to improving the state of the world, is the International Organization for Public-Private Cooperation.
The Forum engages the foremost political, business and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas.
The System Initiative on Shaping the Future of Environment and Natural Resource Security builds an inclusive and practical framework for the global environmental agenda. Through an open architecture approach to multistakeholder cooperation, the System Initiative aims to break down traditional silos and foster new forms of cooperation and innovation in the public and private sectors. It achieves this by bringing together experts and practitioners on projects designed to promote economic growth and combat climate change as well as other natural resource challenges.
The successful candidate will support the Global Water Initiative, one of the global projects of the System Initiative on Shaping the Future of Environment and Natural Resource Security.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide project management support by keeping timelines; track actions needed to achieve project milestones and objectives for the Global Water Initiative
• Manage events for Regional and Annual Forum meetings, external workshops and Partner meetings organized by the team
• Provide administrative support, including arranging conference calls and meetings, taking minutes, preparing Powerpoint presentations
• Identify and ensure that the right constituents are engaged in the projects; create opportunities for engaging with others who are relevant to the discussions
• Ensure that communication on the project is consistent and that the water team and broader environment team have up-to-date information
• Actively seek and support linkages between the Global Water Initiative and other relevant projects as well as with wider environment team discussions and other Forum activities
• Manage and proofread publication requests, contribute to the publication dissemination strategy and manage distribution, ensure accurate and up-to-date web content
• Help manage digital platforms by curating content and engaging with the community
• Act as the point person to be consulted by all internal teams including the Publications, Events and Regional teams
Qualifications and Skills
• University-level education
• Three to five years’ experience in an event management, administration or a coordination position
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, fluency in spoken and written English; other languages would be an asset
• Proficient in MS Office; experience with online digital platforms would be an asset, knowledge of and ease with social media
• Strong organizational, interpersonal and time-management skills; ability to work in a fast-paced environment and understanding of stakeholder needs, committed, collaborative, optimistic and a solution-oriented team player
If you meet these requirements, please apply online.