Executive Director for Friends of the Earth Europe
Friends of the Earth Europe is seeking a new Executive Director
Based in Friends of the Earth Europe's office in Brussels, full time, 5 days a week, starting June 2017
Deadline for applications: 18:00 15th March 2017
This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the leading green environmental organisations in Brussels. Friends of the Earth Europe campaigns for sustainable and just societies and for the protection of the environment. We unite more than 30 national organisations with thousands of local groups and are part of Friends of the Earth International, the world's largest grassroots environmental network.
The successful candidate will be given the task to galvanise the European network of Friends of the Earth to come together to deliver exciting and successful programmes and campaigns and build a pan-European movement in support of Friends of the Earth International's mission, vision, values and strategy and lead the European Office of Friends of the Earth in support of this goal.
- Develop and implement a new strategy for Friends of the Earth Europe.
- Develop and strengthen the Friends of the Earth Europe network.
- Ensure effective external campaigning combining grassroots mobilisation and advocacy.
- Lead organisational change as required and lead and manage the office to ensure successful delivery of the new strategy.
- Develop and implement a fundraising strategy.
- Represent Friends of the Earth Europe.
- Demonstrable experience leading strategy development and implementation for a complex and diverse membership organisation.
- A successful track record of strategic leadership and participatory management within a complex operating environment, including inspiring, creating, building and sustaining teams to achieve outstanding results.
- Demonstrable experience of having conceived, planned, developed and delivered successful campaigns involving many partner organisations to deliver system change.
- Excellent communication skills and a good understanding of social, environmental and economic trends, along with the changing political context influencing Friends of the Earth's agenda.
- Fluency in English.
- An understanding of and experience in network development, community organising and capacity building.
- Demonstrable achievements in generating and securing external support and funds.
- All other language skills are an asset.
Friends of the Earth Europe offers a highly motivating working environment in an international NGO and office located in an environmentally friendly building in Brussels (Mundo-B).
Friends of the Earth Europe offers an attractive benefits package, including a 13th month's salary, lunch vouchers, an additional 5 days of holidays per year, pension scheme, hospitalisation and comprehensive travel insurance. We also offer full coverage of train travel in case of commuting within Belgium.
Conditions are according to Belgian employment legislation; hence the position is open solely to persons with the right to obtaining a work permit in the EU/Belgium.
How to apply:
If you feel you meet our criteria, and feel inspired by the objectives and challenges of the position, then please register here to receive a recruitment pack: http://www.foeeurope.org/director-job-description-2017