WASH Assistant (Volunteer)
JOB TITLE WASH Assistant – Volunteer
LOCATION Canary Wharf, London
REPORTS TO Technical Officer – WASH/DRR resilience, Technical UK
DEPARTMENT Technical Unit
International Medical Corps UK is a global humanitarian organization saving
and rebuilding lives through health care, training and community development.
International Medical Corps UK works alongside International Medical Corps
Worldwide, responding to humanitarian emergencies and communities afflicted
by conflict, poverty and natural disaster in more than 20 countries around
International Medical Corps and International Medical Corps United Kingdom
with headquarters in the United States and the United Kingdom respectively,
work collaborate to maximize resources for the delivery of appropriate relief
and development activities.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The purpose of this role is to provide a volunteer opportunity to provide
administrative support to the Global WASH Team within the Technical Unit and
specifically, in developing a system for effectively storing WASH documents,
reports and tools on the internal IMC website, OneCorps. Specific duties and
• Day-to-day support related to programmatic and coordination duties.
• Lead the management of documents, filing system and creation of the WASH
One Corps internal website.
• To conduct background research and document search for proposals.
• To support WASH staff in knowledge management.
• Perform other duties as assigned by line manager.
1. At least a basic understanding of humanitarian aid or development
2. Self-motivated, positive attitude, flexible and adaptable to the needs of
team and organisation
3. Excellent analytical, written and verbal communication skills
4. Good computer skills- Microsoft Office including excel
5. Strong organisational and time management skills
6. Proficient in English
7. A professional outlook
8. A demonstrable enthusiasm for the aims and values of International Medical
5PM UK time on 20 February 2017. We reserve the right to close this vacancy
when we are in receipt of sufficient applications. Should you wish to apply
for the role you are advised to submit your application as soon as possible.
How to apply
1. Candidates who can demonstrate that they meet specifications set out above
and can prove that they have the right to work in the UK should send
application firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Human
Resources Department 2 Ground Floor, 161 Marsh Wall, London, E14 9SJ.
2. Application should include CV and cover letter stating how you meet each
requirements and why you are interested in the role.