WASH Associate Experts / Regional Representatives
WASH for life is a single-proprietor enterprise that provides WASH consultancy, advisory, interim management and surge capacity services. Founded in 2010, it has provided services to many renowned international aid agencies including ACF, CARE, CRS, IMC, MSF and several Red Cross Societies.
WASH for life has the ambition to grow into the global WASH consulting agency in the coming few years. It wants to achieve this by setting up several regional offices, including in the Middle East, Sub-Saharan Africa and Asia-Pacific. For these offices, we are now seeking ambitious, entrepreneurial, highly motivated and qualified:
WASH Associate Experts / Regional Representatives
From your (virtual or home-based) office in your country of residence, supported by WASH for life’s global network of experts, reputation and reference projects, you will pro-actively generate business and secure consulting contracts. You will represent WASH for life in the region and as such work, communicate and network under its registered name and utilising its corporate identity.
In principle, you will also carry out the assignments you have acquired in your region. Alternatively, another WASH for life expert can be proposed to carry out the assignment or you will partner with one or more other WASH for life experts. By relying on an extensive and varied global network of WASH experts WASH for life is in a unique position that it can always offer the most qualified experts for any type of WASH assignment.
The business model is as follows: A straight commission will be paid as remuneration for services you render. I.e. the more contracts you acquire, the more you will earn. When carrying out an assignment, you will be paid a competitive consultant fee of which a small percentage will be deducted that will flow into WASH for life’s corporate reserve. Once substantial, expenses can be paid from this reserve for promotion, networking and marketing, including travel expenses for visiting relevant conferences, training events, clients and prospects.
WASH for life as a global WASH consulting agency will be unique as it:
- Primarily targets the emergency WASH sector, supporting aid agencies in responding to natural and man-made disasters.
- Will have local representatives in several strategic emergency hotspots that are both highly experienced WASH experts and familiar with the context and countries.
- Will support the sector in improving itself further through independent and rigorous Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL).
- Can provide any type of WASH-related support as it can resort to its extensive global network of WASH experts with its vast array of experience.
- Can save client’s costs and the environment by as much as possible deploying local experts rather than flying them in from afar.
Supported by other WASH for life experts, representatives and HQ, your tasks will include:
- Networking, promoting and marketing WASH for life to prospective clients in the region;
- Participating in relevant events in the region, such as workshops, conferences and trade fairs;
- Pro-actively seeking opportunities; both formally publicised (tenders, RFP’s etc.), via social media and through word-of-mouth;
- Developing technical and financial proposals and bids;
- Follow-up on proposals and bids;
- Carrying out WASH consultancies and short-/medium-term deployments (e.g. interim, gap-fill or emergency positions).
You will have the following profile:
- A degree or diploma in WASH or direct related field, such as Public Health Engineering or Environmental Management;
- At least five years of working experience in WASH development and/or emergency programs; working experience in fragile states, Small Island Developing States (SIDS), Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) and/or Climate Change Adaptation (CCA) is an advantage
- Experience in business development, marketing, sales and/or client relationship management is an advantage; as is experience in training, coaching, research and/or MEAL
- Familiar with best practices and international standards such as SPHERE and the Core Humanitarian Standard
- Entrepreneurial, pro-active and committed to WASH for life’s ambition to becoming the global WASH consulting agency
- A vast relevant professional network (in your region)
- Strong cross-cultural skills and experience working with people from different backgrounds
- Demonstrated capacities to establish and maintain strong and collaborative relationships with various stakeholders, including donors, government agencies and beneficiaries
- A team player, but also capable of working independently
- Strong interpersonal and organisational skills
- Strong report-writing skills
- Good computer skills (Word and Excel minimum)
- Fluent in English. Arabic, French, Spanish or Portuguese proficiency is an advantage
What we offer is:
- A unique opportunity of being part of a recognised global network of WASH experts with a shared ambition to becoming the global WASH consulting cooperative
- A chance to grow into an entrepreneur, supported by peers
- Support in the development of your social, technical and commercial skills
- A chance to participate in interesting learning and networking events
- Getting paid for projects you bring in, even when you don’t carry them out yourself
- Getting paid a competitive fee when carrying out consultancies
- Administrative and logistical support before, during and after assignments
If we have aroused your interest and you fulfil all requirements we look forward to receiving your CV (4 pages maximum) and motivation letter at: